top of page

All Your Questions Answered

These are the questions that we are most often asked by customers.

If you have a question that is not answered here, please email or call us at (503) 481-4628

New Customers

Can I get an estimate?

Yes! We provide free estimates for our customers.

Do you serve my area?

Very likely, yes. We primarily serve Portland, Vancouver, Milwaukie, Lake Oswego, Happy Valley, Beaverton and Hillsboro. However, we have been known to drive further, including Salem, Hood River and the Oregon Coast.

Why choose Wind Thin Tree Service?

We are a family owned and operated company that will go above and beyond to make you feel like family. We prioritize safety, customer satisfaction, and tree health above all else. 

Licensed. Bonded. Insured.

We are fully licensed, bonded and insured.

Oregon Contractors Board CCB# 146345

Proof of insurance liability coverage available upon request.

How Do I make an Appointment?

Click on the "Request a Free Estimate" button at the top of the screen.

Email us at

Call us at 503-481-4628

(Pick one option from above)

Payment Options

Do I need to pay a deposit?

No, we do not required deposits or payment in advance. Once you are satisfied with the work completed, we will send you an invoice.

Payment options?

We accept cash, check, or credit/debit cards for payment.


You can pay with cash/check in person or by mail, or you can call our main office at (503) 481-4628 to pay by card.


Please note: there is a 2% transaction fee on all credit card payments over $1000.

Do you offer discounts?

We offer new customer, senior citizen and military veterans discounts. Just ask our estimator at our on-site visit.

Will I Need A Permit to Remove My Tree?

Your tree work may require the permission of the city you live in.

To find out permit details for your city easily, we have compiled links from cities in our service area below:



Lake Oswego

Happy Valley






Oregon City





West Linn

Why does the City of Portland require me to replant another tree if I remove a tree on my property?

The City of Portland Urban Forestry department has a ‘tree for tree’ policy, which specifies that (in most cases), if a tree is removed, another tree must be replanted to replace it.

For private property trees, you may either choose a new location on your property, find a friend or neighbor who will plant the tree on their property, pay a fee to waive the replanting, or petition for a waiver of the replanting requirement. 

If the tree is a street tree, there is a specific list of approved trees from which you may select a species to replant. 

bottom of page